Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, August 14, 2006

signs of being old


signs
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
I kept this one because ... Ferguson was Lisa's old name. Kinnerk was the road (unlike its present condition and shape) where I nearly killed myself and two friends stupidly driving too fast on a gravel road. Did I mention that I was dragging a Yosemite Sam on the back. The Yosemite Sam, we found on someone's curb to be hauled away by the trashman.
The car was stopped by a guide wire to a telephone pole. The car was never again the same, but I thought of this while I walked down the road again -- decades later.

1 comment:

MR said...

Yes, the night of Yosemite Sam's revenge. Old is good when you consider we could have cashed it at 17 on that God-forsaken (really, I'm sure he's forgotten all about it) road that doubled as a dump.