Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Jump Jive Wail away

Brian Setzer doesn't need to put this to music. My mother today did quite a bit a of work on her PT and the Physical Therapists stated that for bi-lateral (both) knee replacement recipient; she's doing about average. Her problems aren't in the relearning to walk, but rather in controlling her blood sugar (she isn't cheating), and getting her blood pressure and heart rate to real levels. They have her on many meds to control the BP, but they still aren't enough. She can't leave ICU until she's off IVs, and so there she stays.

My father is not dealing with it. He "looked like a tick, about to exploded"+. He sleeps worse than I do, or rather he can't think of speak at his level of stress and restlessness. I sleep poorly, but have gotten used to it -- whatever that means. I think he's remain a mess until she's discharged from ICU. ICU is also a pain in that they have no long visitation periods. In minutes it goes 30, 30, 60, 30, 90, 30 spread throughout the day. The patient isn't capable of sleeping because of background noise, pestering about meds, vitals, confort. It is a real treat there, I tell you.

I saw the tail end of her PT today. She nearly cried, but she merely winced and was flat-out worn and spent. She actually rested during a visiting time, so I popped in, sat, watching her sleep with heavy and quick breaths. Her heart rate is way too high for resting. She complained of wheezing today. The stress of being there isn't helping her get out.

No comments: