Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, August 11, 2006

failed to deliver

Sound check! Yo! One, two, one, two! Turn my headphones up, man! Nah man! I ain't kiddin'! I can't hear man!
-----
I brought up a name, equally as distant and old as Boss Tweed, Pia Zadora. I mentioned to MR about a woman whom I've not seen or not talked to for 15 some years or more. One night, by random chance I spoke with her, briefly. True vanity, cuddled and loved like a favorite suffy is never surrendered. "Do you remember me", she asked.
I did remember her in existence only. I saw her once. I remember that ISJ was captivated by her legs and mentioned to me to look at them. They were not so remarkable that I remember thinking much of them.
"Did you think I had sexy legs when you saw me?"
Again -- I remember chewing gum at times in my life, sometime even the flavor given the atmotsphere of soda, popcorn, and having previously eaten a hamburger. I cannot remember this girl, nor really much more than a sketch of looking at legs in a Pizza Hut, but the light in the Pizza Hut on that 1 something o'clock afternoon was more memorable. I made the anaology that Pia Zadora's role in "The Lonely Lady" as being more memorable.
I responded to her question, "Yeah, I guess" (quite nearly a lie)
Quickly, as if ensaring a wandering rabbit in a trap, "I was only fourteen", she gasped out -- trying to belittle me or shame me.
It didn't work. I couldn't remember jack squat of her, let alone feel remorse for looking at her legs once when I was seven years her senior. It sounds bad until you know that she gaited around telling people that she was sixteen, and aparently suffering sexual abstinence pains.

I should have punched her back by divulging that I could better remember ants crawling on grass; an especially well cooked fish fillet; longer-confortable shoes I had in the 80's; an obscure TV commerical, than I could ever remember her. I wasn't so cruel or decisive, but let it slide, go, and am no better or worse for it. I'm not vain, though I have a misshapen ego (generally too large and lumpy to match reality) that impedes my thinking often.

No comments: