Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

preparing for painting


preparing for painting
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
Prep time = 20 mintues. Painting = 11 mintues. Laying the plastic on the steps was a challenge, as the tape wasn't holding it. Ther was little splatter. This is yet another step in painting the inside of the house before selling it. This should finish the upstairs when the walls are finished. I had a good luck at my impending doom, standing on the banister looking down at plastic.

I was thinking that if I were to fall to my injury, anyone could just roll up the plastic around me and either get me help or bury me in it. Anyway ... the smell was not intoxicating, as it was in an open space.

The ladder seen here is decades old, having seen painting of exterior house before siding, inside house, various rooms; cleaning, getting to hard to reach tree sections, roofs for gutter cleaning and pest removal.

Come to think of it ... I might be older than I am! Gad! That's an antique. I wonder what Antique Roadshow would price on that?! Nothing.

The second coat and tear down won't take nearly so long. Then -- off to Ream Steckbeck for wall paint. Joy of joys--more painting ("more Martians").

2 comments:

davesbeachbar said...

Just FYI in case you haven't finished yet. A small investment is a telescoping pole that screws into the end of ALL paint rollers and makes stairways and upper areas a ton easier to paint.

Marcus said...

Yeah, I know. I was, however already needing the ladders to get into difficult spaces the edges. I had to tape off the wall and well paint the corners, which rollers just don't do. For other rooms without stairs and challenges, I used the extension poles for the ceilings. They helped me and the work went fast. This should be the last heavily ladder-oriented space I have to paint.