Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The guns ... they've stopped

from either War Over Britain or Star Wars New Hope that borrowed this concept from the former. Normally when the guns cease, that's a good thing, but here, like the movies, means that more, worse hellish things are to happen. Today is very wet and you'd think that the hillbillies wouldn't be firing the fireworks and they might not. That only means that tomorrow will be worse. I guess, it's more like, wait til your father gets home and you manage to be asleep before sentencing only to find the punishment worse the next day.

I expect booms and bams unlike yesterday --- worse, unthrilling to me, making my sleep impossible like it was last night.

2 comments:

MR said...

I've been using insurgent fire and move mortar tactics from the nearby Maplewood playground. Except I have a GPS guided ballistics computer that figures the angle for me, so I never miss. Your gutters will be loaded with spent fireworks.

Marcus said...

So that's what the neighbor meant by laser painting my house. Oh, I gotta stop that!