Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Wonder of nature


yellowjacket working
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
The yellowjack, or bumblebee is very abdominally or bottom-heavy. It is indeed a wonder that these can move at all, let alone fairly fluidly, fast, and they can fly. My lead butt isn't nearly so large, but I also am not nearly so fast, festidious and helpful. I guess I could relate myself to being short-lived, worth only one sting, but would rather avoid battle than to die for a temporary fix.

Anyway, I saw this one out fluttering about the neighbor's flowers and was challenged to catch it in flight. I just wasn't quite fast enough. These are, more docile and tend to sleep during times of the day and can be petted without them provoked into attacking. Their large size makes them easier to touch and the fuzz on their bodies makes an interesting contrast to the rest of the body. They are, for insects, cute and cuddly. I do recommend not touching the head or antenne

1 comment:

MR said...

suggested new title for this blog: Bee Petting and Conspiracy Theory

yeah, those ozone layer scientist are PAID man... you know, the ones that disagree with Algore and say it isn't a problem...they get MONEY to say that, even though they KNOW it's not right. Totally bogus man... as a matter of fact, I did my own independent study of the atomosphere, that's how I know which side is right... I, like, went outside and looked up and actually SAW a hole! Seriously. I could see out into space the sun almost burnt my FACE OFF! As a matter of fact, anyone who doesn't have a doomsday theory is PAID to not have one. It's like hush money, man. They don't want us to know the truth cuz they're PAID by the umm.. car industry, who wants to sell SUVs.

I call to testify on behalf of the resiliancy of the planet, Mr. George Carlin: "why are we here? Plastic....asshole." Read on:
http://www.chaparyan.com/2005/04/george-carlins-planet-is-fine.php