Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Where there is food there is life

There is no grand philosphy statement with such a grand opening, but rather that when you offer bird seed, you'll get critters that eat seed, like birds, squirrels, chipmunks (burrowing critters that ruin cememt walkways) and critters that feed upon them, and so on. There are birds here and I see a large population of robins. On occasion, you get a chance to see little babies. I will post a picture soon of the little heads, mouths agape at the nest. The mother is none-to-keen on observers of the nest. I expect white mess on me for my efforts.

Where the seed is, there are chipmunks -- three presently, with two already sent to a river home -- over the bridge and to a park near the river. They are away -- away. It appeared that I might have sent one each male and female. No sexism intended, but it's better to send a female -- as they are the bearers and caretakers of the litter/brood.

No comments: