Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

in command of nothing

I have finished a long-term assignment, now I have bits here and there again.

I think, with my experience with other children, that I am that fat jolly old elf ... summer time Santa, not threatening ... you can punch him, bounce on him, and he still gives you presents. With that, I wonder if I am that, which is why I have some difficult time convincing children/students that I mean business and that like-it-or-not, learning and practice is what we do.

I guess Buzz Lightyear can't be a teacher, perhaps -- although the one time that I never think of "its a payday", teaching isn't the perfect fit. All other jobs it was ... working for the pay. Teaching, I like so much, that apart from bills and debts ... I never think of the money. It is a fun ... it is work, but I never think of "its a job". It is what I do --- fun, work, accomplishment. There I achieve!

I'll be sad to leave it.

No comments: