Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Getting a number from the net

I bought my verizon wireless phone on the net 13 months ago. The error was that people within my hometown had to dial the area code for a long distance number. I never understood. I only wish I had addressed it quickly. Apparently when you type in a zip code, that is immaterial to the logic of number selection. It chose one within the area code, but nowhere near my zip code. Nice.

I called a verizon wireless place in town. They gave me the info number to make the change -- my only solution. The rep helped me changed the number. What a waste.

That reminds me of punching in numbers for a credit card or something else only to have a person ask you the same [insert colorful metaphors here] numbers! We're still not on the same page with customer interfacing. The system gets the number and does nothing with it ... ho hum ... yes. That's very nice ... please hold.

"What's your number and name", a voice prompts you.

No comments: