Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hannity's America

Well, MR ought to be happy that I happened on this one. I agree that this country is the best country. I didn't like Hannity's approach to his guest. If you will not concede that this is the America is the best, I will have to get rough! Anyway, it was the typical ... if you don't agree with everything we say, then you are un-Patriotic, un-American, and siding with the terrorists. It was nice to be reminded that America donates the money money and supplies to other nations, often more is donated by citizens than by the country itself. It shows a defining character of many Americans.

Media complaint

The problem I have with the canned on-the-spot shows on networks (not just Fox) is that the guest is castrated and burned at the stake if they dare suggest a differing opinion. I'm waiting for "Blasphemer! Burn the witch at the stake!" or "Crucify him after feeding him to the lions after a painful gladiator battle!"

Is it possible that I have differing opinions?

Can I go on CNN and suggest that the war is progressing better than depicted?
Can I go on FOX and suggest that the parties are closer than they appear in the mirror?

I can, if I am willing to get tarred, feathered, and discredited as a cannibalistic psychotic with an undocumented decades-old delusion of grandeur. I would be falsely labeled as having communist and neo-nazi ties.

1 comment:

MR said...

I have noticed that the interveiwers want to have a "spirited" argument, but get frustrated when they get a limp guest and they press them harder hoping to get an emotional reaction to spur them on. In one O'Reilly interview he was practically standing on his chair until the person whipped out the point he was waiting for and he actually admitted "I was waiting for you to say that... and that's a good point!" I think they just get frustrated with their guests not making the show interesting. As much as they disagree with the other end of the spectrum, they sometimes put them on just because they are at least fanatical about their cause and they'll both be able to yell at the top of their lungs and maybe boost ratings as opposed to just shooting some limp fish in a barrel.