Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

today's Zork walk Gru on me

I walked again today, a habit I hope I keep, and found some odd things on my trip. I found a caster (wheel) broken free from a wooden cart. It was lying in water. Elsewhere near the discarded wheel was a shovel. It was "unused". Apart from many other scraps of wind-blown trash, I found a yellow golf ball and saw, but did not move, a flower pot, a small basketball, large stones, van with four flat tires +, long oddly-shaped stick, car tire, empty water bottle, ...

While you couldn't, even in Zork, carry the van in your inventory, I am sure that putting all of these things in the right places would have yielded something like a gem that would be worth n points. I didn't meet the Wizard of Froboz or the Red Cloaked Figure, but I did see a mailbox. Oh, I forgot, matchbox with 3 matches. It was getting colder and darker. I didn't want to be eaten by a Gru, so I headed back.

+ Sadly, this was the only vehicle in the lot with a keyed side and four flat tires. It was clearly targeted. The only good news, is that the vandals didn't get every car there.

No comments: