Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

convinced

part II of our talks

Could you convince people that they were abducted by aliens? First, people who "want to believe" would be easier to sway, but could you convince people that they were abducted by aliens for 8 hours, then returned. My first statement of, "no" was wrong as I didn't include the factor of 8 hours. Our first general statement was, 'at all' that I said, "no". Given a time frame of a month kidnapped by someone or people, most people could be convinced for the mind is weak enough to fold, regardless how strong.

I would contend that about thirty percent of people are susceptible to more dramatic suggestion. Studies in advertising show that people are generally lemmings or sheep and are programmed fairly easily with commercials. That being fact, I would like to more specially focus on more urban legendary or myth. I willing accepted that people are taken daily by other people. Of this population, few are taken by our people. Americans are taken by the government, but ... read this. I am not writing that the government habitually takes the typical Bubba. I would contend that the US has taken problem people away. I think that at times, they have had poor criteria for selecting those people.

I do not believe in alien abductions! I don't believe that aliens were poor fliers or were apprehended by Earth weapons.
I do know that people are convinced otherwise by themselves or others.

If, as my friend suggested, that someone wanted to tag a person to examine tracking abilities, a better target would be a metro person not a hillbilly in backwoods, name-a-state. Other than an over-productive incest gland, how would the abductor use the abductee? That goes to a point of asking, but I will stick with making others believe.

Could someone make me believe that ghosts exist ... no. I don't believe this because I don't believe in planet bound post existence. Why would these things stick around ... on Earth? I don't believe in aliens watching Earth much, but will surrender to the idea of other lifeforms. It is not surprising to me that lower-imagination people have humanoids working with them. Most of life on Earth is bacterial, aquatic, insect, reptile, or four-legged (in that order I think). The likelihood of upright humanoids is statistically insignificant.

I am a skeptic and a realist. I could not be convinced that two legged aliens grabbed me and released me. Those abductees polled generally had a working knowledge of pop culture, TV shows and commercial products. Is it coincidence that they don't nab the MIT professor or the SUN Systems program project manager or the senior robotics engineer of a company? They tend not to have genetic research biologists taken while doing a field survey.

Can a layperson be fooled into thinking they were taken by aliens, yes. Could just anyone, no. Sad to write that some people are taken, brutally handled and freed, then their mind makes a new perspective for the reality is too much to bear. I stand by that about thirty percent of people might be short-term swayed into drastically changing their concept of reality, while only eighteen percent would ever mostly-permanently keep this change.

++ a short note, alien abductions are always too contrived for belief, no matter how sincere the person is

No comments: