Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Timely ill decisions

So ... I have a maybe job offer this week for a local job. They might come close to my present salary or higher. Work today mentioned they were indeed interested in me being there and wanted to know what it would take to get me to move up there. hint, hint, hint ... $100 monthly? $1200 raise to ensure that I move up there...
interesting
also, the allusion to "faster" training and promotion

now, I'm in a pickle

1 comment:

MR said...

Unless it entails moving to another story (rather than just the promise of a move to another store) I'd forget it. The drive alone is costing you a TON in gas, but also all the time you lose. You work your shift plus 2 hours. NOT TO MENTION bad weather days when you could wipe out your car and have to wait two weeks for it to be fixed at an exorbenant cost. It would have to be a LOT more money for that kind of inconvenience, and a move closer to home. Which I doubt is going to happen. If this new job holds any promise at all, I'd move on. Your current job did what it was supposed to do, provide you with resume filler.