Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

police stop


I was talking with a friend and pulled into a gas station last night. I didn't want to pump gas and talk on the cell phone at the same time, so I stayed in the car and talked. I turned off the engine. Well, the attendant at the station apparently was wondering my plans.

I was talking away then saw a squad car behind me. I told my friend I had to go. I opened the door at the officer's request and told him directly that I didn't want to pump gas while talking on the phone.
5...4...3...2...1...
ok
And the officers turned around and returned to their cars. It was only then that I saw three cars there. The statement that they made to me was, "we wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong".

I thought second that the attendant likely thought I might be a robber, though robbers tend not to park so far away and turn off their engines.


I looked above me, the sky cover showed no stars, so I didn't figure I'd hear them, "we are definitely going to kill you, boy!" "Have you read the manual for this thing?"

Also, the FBI didn't get on the scene either.

No comments: