Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

ignorant observer

Things that I saw that I didn't get ...

The first thing was simply funny. I was traveling to work and saw a blue car parked in the driveway. In the driver's seat was a "top prize" from a carnival, Wile E. Coyote. That's right, Wile E. was the driver, which says something about the owner of the car. Darn it! That's great and I missed it!

I saw two squad cars had pulled over a car. The traffic was slow due to construction, so I got a longer look. The one officer put two car seats in the trunk of his cruiser, while the other officer had a woman, infant in her arms, and two kids enter the back of his cruiser. The man with the family, of seemingly comparable ethnicity, was allowed to return to his vehicle and allowed to drive away -- sans family. I suppose I could write an elaborate story about it, but it really seemed odd, not knowing any of the facts.

I was at a corner waiting to turn, in the town where I work, and saw sign-carrying persons. There were about eight of them at the four corners of the street. I thought, "car wash", but no. The signs were "turn to God", which is a nice message, but then other signs were more sinister. "If you marry a divorced woman, you are committing adultery" is a sign I got a chance to read. Sadly I am supporting free speech for this crap?

I objected for the following reasons: I disagree with the concept; at least two children were among those carrying signs; the sign holders were next to the library where the public would be; the phrase, "divorced woman" is a sexist way of making a point, whereas divorce' covers both sexes. If only I had stopped for some eggs on the way to work ... The thing that came to mind was Blues Brothers, "Those bums won their day in court. Who? The [blanking] Nazi party. I hate Illinois Nazis."

1 comment:

KD Jewelry said...

Love the Wile E. Coyote Driver. Would love to see that as a postcard or something ROFL!