Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

differences

"and I want anal, Lois" +
Wipe down, then wipe down, then sterilize ... lots of work, but not wicked.
....
example two:
"Whoa, dude! I'm not telling you not to do that, but you are responsible for this region here", in other words, you won't have time to do all that that

+ Family Guy, referring to how he wants the house, should they ever get rescued
------
Paperwork, paper trail:

Okay, at the end of the night you have to walk back and forth between units, printing reports. That's fine. I understand that I'll get/make my own routine. What is odd that no one seems to want to present me a LIST of the reports that I need to print. That would be helpful. If I had a list, then I could write down notes for myself as to where they are and the order needed.

I've also been shown how to review numbers and find errors. The sad bit is, that they don't use the computer to generate reports specific for them, like what they personally want to track. They use the win 95/00 and win 3.1 generated reports and scroll through them to get numbers.

Gentlemen, welcome to Win 95 where you can get reports extracted from data.

Gentlemen, welcome to Win XP/Vista ... where the reports are self-generating and you can enter in data like "Excel" into parallel columns for comparison and contrast.
Gee, Vern ... do ya tink dat's gonna work alright?
I shu-er donda know
....

Make the computer work for you ... it is a tool, that's why we have computers ... electronics, sophisticated, adaptable, programmable tools with application that are programmable and adaptable

I'm left with the feeling of: "dummies". You're right, I'm lazy ... I'd rather have "MY DATA" that I want/need one one or two pages, but the neat thing with them thar computers is that you can do that!

I will have to contact some IT guys and find out what the process is for generating specific reports. I'm sure they'd be happy that I'm interested, even if they submit, "you can't do that right now".

No comments: