Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

What's in a name

I saw on job postings a name of a company with "profits" in it's name. Well then. I saw what is typical of high volume, high pressure jobs, "generate sales" with the hidden (lots of them hourly), through your Hollywood index of millions of willing investors. Make lots of money, money, money for the company, company, company. In the scheme of things, generally these high volume, high pressure jobs truly work for only two personalities:

energetic, aggressive, slighly pressuring, sales person who sees everyone as a buyer with the right prompting.

or
energetic, sociopathic, aggressive, tromping salesperson who sees money to be had, regardless the cost; losing friends and family in the process is immaterial.

The less successful sales people either falter, skim by, or find that they aren't the first so temporarily act like the second. Me? I couldn't sell stuff to people who don't need it. I would Airplane+ process aggressive salespeople. I am not a pressuring type of guy, so I despise when others charge at me like starving people to a buffet.

+ Airplane, going through the airport Peter Graves is confronted by Moonies, solicitors of all types, wanting money and patronage to groups. He uses karate and judo to floor them all.

No comments: