Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Open Season

I tried to like this movie. I tried to be entertained. Alas, I was neither entertained or interested. I found one background error that is really the whole movie.

There is a couple with a dog who are on the road. They are in a silver RV. The plate-constructed RV and the dog passenger play roles later, is on the road fine. When the camera pulls away to show the spanse of the road and the wilderness area, you can find the error.

The RV narrows to a tic tac driving within the lines of a page margin. While the proportions were correct before, suddenly ... poof, they are wack. The lack of details and general flatness of it wasn't good. When the bear is climbing up the cliff, they could have made it like Kipper animation (also books)... wide white spaces focusing on what is important. This is true of Curious George books as well. It was put together, clearly as a cellular piece. The movie lacked details, including its writing.

The story itself was fine, pretty typical, but I guess I found the characters bland and not worth remembering. The few verbal and visual references were forgetable too.

Overall, I would rate this as totally forgetable. There was no outstanding scene. The previews showed most of the funnier parts of the movie and the action scenes. I think I could have done without seeing the diminutive, one-antler deer spontaneously pooping after the bear asks to find a toilet.

1 comment:

MR said...

So that's it for this this blog, then, huh? We all know that after you post about the movie "Open Season" you completely abandon your blog. (read: Monkeyjack)