Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wii had fun

What you saw most with Charlie


Victory!

Monkeyjack & his family got a Wii last night. We played it too long, but it felt good to move and work while you played a game. I rediscovered I have a right shoulder (lactic acid buildup). Charlie did well in Tony Hawk's skateboarding. I couldn't get the hang of it, didn't like the striking of people. Charlie did very well in tennis.

Not unlike real life, I stank at tennis. I did well in boxing, though it doesn't teach you how to properly punch, but rather with front jabs. I had a very difficult time doing uppercuts and real side jabs. The game always cheated on me in that the competitor was always using the ropes. That's just unfair. My best KO was in 22 seconds.

Monkeyjack and I did bowling until early today (2:30 am) and he beat me one game, then I came back to beat him twice. I don't like bowling, but this version has many advantages: no hand tearing from holes, no smoking, no long waiting for ball return and neighboring lanes. The player, of course, is not holding a 16 pound ball, which is the exercise portion of the game.

The highlight comment, "Hold me tighter, Daddy", said Charlie as he and Monkeyjack were playing Tony Hawk. Lori did bowling but had pains from twisting and from her bruised bum from when she tumbled down the steps, courtesy of the dogs.


Apparently all is forgiven, for you see here Echo lying peacefully and happily on Lori's lap.

No comments: