Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

bones on which to chew

Look, I have a compromise. Inmates stop being uncooporative and the dogs won't need to be there. I have another solution. If inmates are uncooporative, you move them unconsciouly to the new locale. How they change from conscious to unsconscious is up to the prison authority then. I don't want to hear any more about who bit who. I do think, however using trained aggressive dogs in this manner sets a bad precidence for law regarding mauling deaths and harboring of dangerous animals, etc. The dogs, noted here are trained aggressive, as has been the argument of felons (caught and to be caught) who raise dogs for dog fights.

I like better my idea of moving instructing prisoners with the guidelines that transfers while conscious is preferred, but not manditory. Hey, look! You're already in prison, generally+the more obstinant ones are repeat felons. The guards and staff should be safe, so ... I prefer to error on the side of staff and faculty safety, rather than worry as much about rights infringement on the "poor" convict.

+ generalization, for sure, but not unreasonable.

No comments: