Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

How to scare someone without really trying

On some jobs board, there was a listing for "assisting with young female with disabilities". I called the number and I think the woman about crapped right there. Stammering for a way, she implied that she was, uh ... looking for, um, female ... I have like it narrowed down to a few people.
(Me) So, you have a short list. [here I was trying to give her a graceful out]
Yes, that's right.
(Me) Okay then. Thanks.

It later reminded me of Goldie's comment, "Kayla. You don't have to be afraid. [my name] likes little girls." This, of course, left everyone laughing, sweet Goldie didn't first put it together. "Oh! I didn't mean like that!"

1 comment:

MR said...

Why DID you call the number? Is nursing an option for you? I mean, I would read that ad and think they told me she was disabled because I was going to be cleaning out her gutters.