Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Good news, they're being caught

Goshen teacher charged with sexual misconduct with student
Associated Press

An elementary school teacher faces a felony charge of sexual misconduct with a minor for what authorities say was a relationship with a high school student.

Mel Trowbridge, 44, a fifth-grade teacher at Goshen's Waterford Elementary School, was accused of having sex with a teenage girl several times over the past year, said Detective Kelly Todd of the Elkhart County Police Department.

"In terms of the time frame, we're looking at from July of 2005 through August of 2006," Todd said.

Trowbridge, who was arrested Thursday, was being held Friday at the Elkhart County Jail under $100,000 bond. The charge against him carries a possible sentence of two years to eight years in prison.

Bruce Stahly, superintendent of the school district about 25 miles east of South Bend, said the Trowbridge's contacts with the 15-year-old girl were believed to have occurred away from school.

Stahly said Trowbridge has taught at the elementary school for several years and has been an assistant coach in track and basketball at Goshen High School.

Trowbridge has been suspended with pay and no longer has access to school buildings, he said.

.....
I posted before my luck in timing that I am not suspect because I'm male, for I no longer teach. This year will be a big shakedown and I'm glad that I'm not there to answer questions that I shouldn't have to answer, merely because I'm male.

No comments: