Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, August 21, 2006

V for Vengence

When I saw this, I thought it was like an incomplete sentence. It was a startling, good sentence, but still not yet complete. I would rate this fairly high for adaption to graphic novel, as there are elements that cannot be portrayed in film as they can be in comic form and for condensing an elaborate series into the movie.

The incompletion was in characters, but that likely would have made it longer and boring. I think, really, the addtion of the Matrix effects didn't help it any. I would have rather had standard quick reflexes and sophisticated, but not 100% CG, as some of the scenes were, and obViously so.

I'm sure the author of the graphic novel read quite a bit of literature, based on its similarity to many more famous works and to the protagonist's vernacular and great use of classic and neo-classic literature and media.

I would give it a 7.2 (high, but I'm ranking it lower because it has little novelty to offer the second time around).

+ It is interesting that Natlie Portman had some scenes that, from a Star Wars fan, seemed, well, "borrowed".

1 comment:

MR said...

"Long and boring?" Like my penis. (read: second definition of 'boring')

And I forgot to mention that "The Grudge" was also limecracker and somewhat yotsi for an adaptation to a graphic novel.

footnote: "I have to type 'yotsi' to get this comment posted past the word verification"