Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Nightmare

On Friday, my mother experienced a psychotic episode. It was terrible to experience. To make things worse, my niece needed a ride, my sister who couldn't handle my mom's psychotic episode didn't know how to get to the school. Sadly, I had to leave her there and it tore her to shreds. I then had to tell my father, but he took some news better than I thought. He's sleepless and looks like Hell. I am thankful I am driving him.

Sadly, I have so many frustrations and no way to solve them. My two sisters from Indy area are up here, otherwise I might better be able to deal with my stress in a loud way. Again, I bury my problems to release the emotional pandora's box later.

I must be strong -- I didn't ask for it.
...........
The psychotic episode was brought on by at least four main factors: pain from double-knee replacement surgery and back spasms, dangerously high blood pressure, high blood sugar (she's diabetic), possible reaction to four pain medications she was taking.

While I will never forget it, my mother has no recollection of it. Good for her, it might affect her badly to know what happened.

1 comment:

MR said...

I didn't know she was diabetic.

My Mom flipped out one time when she was in the hospital and threw a phone at her doctor. My Dad and I went to visit her and she gave him a ration of nonsense too. They had a monitor on her, she kept trying to get up and the alarm would go off. She claimed that they must be beating her up because of the bruises on her arms. Oddly enough, she believed me when I told her that the bruises were from the IVs and injections and that she was just having a bad reaction to something. She accepted that from me for some reason. Later, she didn't remember anything and couldn't believe she acted like that...she apologized to her doctor profusely, and he regailed the visitors with stories of similar events that doctors apprently have to endure. My Dad forgave her, too, she was extremely embarrassed.

Sounds like they've got her about leveled out, hope she's feeling better. Bring me back a doggie bag of morphine and a side of vikadin (sp).