Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Followers Chart

I never knew, until I read this courtesy of I-am-bored.com, that there were some Norse gods still being worshiped. Now, I know that I the flat-Earthers are small in number, but this Norse-gods thing is larger than I thought. I also found the compounded list a bit light ... including some affiliations with < 500,000 members. I suppose that some of the other societies/groups are either selectively secret or too difficult to research. There were, of course, the branch-Davidians and other Neo-Nazi mostly-atheists, Whicka, and yet others.

Of the list ... bar none; the scientologists are indubidably the wackest and extreme. If you haven't read Dianetics, do. It is an interesting read for a while. Until you actually process the words that you're reading, like fetal feelings (4 months in womb) can cause lifelong trauma unless otherwise addressed. Okay. How would you discover that it happened in the womb, what it was and why you felt that way. I suppose conventional psycho-therapy would work, but uh ... I'm not buying it.

I suppose ... yes, there are wackier groups, but this would has wonderful showcase individuals that make them look nice and crazy like, John Travolta, Tom Cruise, that brought to light the beyond-bizzare rituals inherent in the system. Help, help, Katie's being oppressed!

No comments: