Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

For those fools wishing to disassemble his/her hard drive


hard drive
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
I have the following suggestions:

1. have clean, print, oil-free gloves when handling platter
2. have small phillips screwdriver
3, have standard screwdriver (lever)
4. have large array of star screwdriver heads
5. work away from distractions

When you are done picking it apart, it makes for great art or destroyed parts - art. I dare say that I likely won't find anyone who can put together the heads to make the material available again.

1 comment:

MR said...

Is this practice for your new vocation? I don't mean technology, I mean destroying things, maybe the last stage before sorting for recycling? "Here MDH, I don't understand it, it's got plastic and metal and things" {{SMASH!}} "Hulk...err... MDH no need understand, just SMASH!"

Anyway, you can pretty much kiss that platter good-bye if you open it in anything but a super-clean lab such as the one it came from.