Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

new study shows

waiting for tests results worsens your health.
My folks are falling apart and today I thought, due to my Mum's mix up with what the nurse told her, that she might have had paddles used on her to jolt her heart back into shape. It was a fairly poor night for sleeping, followed by early start:
test here,
wait there,
45 minutes intervals, then ... do blood test -- pop ... done

your results will be posted in 2 days.
What's that ... an SAT you just took?! 6 hours and no mention of when or what?
My Mum has heart arrhythmia, has had at least one heart attack and is in poor health. She is having this done BEFORE she can have work done on her knees. Ultimately she will likely have to have knee replacements.

I think that they'll make a decision this weekend, then maybe use the shock difibulator paddles on her Monday.
waiting, wondering, not knowing stinks! I guess today, I'm grumpy dwarf or grouchy smurf or someone

My blood probably looks like underfeed tissue or starch water -- unclear, but usable

1 comment:

MR said...

my Mom had her heart rhythme adjusted as well. I don't recall what she said it was like, but I got the impression it was fairly routine, albeit never to the patient. I'm of the opinion that you should let it find it's own rhythm, even if it is unorthadox, but I guess those surgeons like a more consistent beat.