Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Metal Years

My collection returns ... with friends.
Thanks God! I found a great number of songs from my missing CDs and also some tagalongs.
circa 1990 ... I bought 5 or more CDs a week ... not bad, which boosted my collection. When I was with X ... I lost them all. Now I have them returned.
At that time I generally chose Metal, though I got sucker punched a few times with like ... Helloween and others, but I had Nuclear Assault and Laaz Rocket. Now, again ... my metal collection is increasing.
I'm still eclectic. In 1991 I had those metal CDs and Tracy Chapman packed in there.
Now I have lots of children's music, Christmas music, Halloween sounds and sounds, techno, electronica, 1940s, comedy new and classics, vocalists like Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee, and also speeches by Dr. Martin Luther King and FDR. Now throw in Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Gaelic Storm and Beach Boys and I think you get the picture. I'm not too keen on country, so there I'm limited. I have lots of classical, Rap, Pop, and ethnic dance tunes, cartoons, lullabys and Jazz.
It's so nice now to have music to hear ... lots of it.
I no longer own any CDs. I bought some and donated them. They are a worthless lot -- $15 for 2 songs, give me a break! I'd even pay for that if I didn't have to deal with the other crap tracks!
MP3 or similar is the way to go ... choose, play, play again.

Bang my head the soothe my mind -- Exodus (metal)to the theme from Exodus (classical).

No comments: