Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Meat-eating days

I didn't always find the smell of cooking pork, beef, and chicken gross, but at some time, years ago (lat 90s), I did. I do remember, for whatever reason tonight, times when Scott, Monkeyjack, (sometimes) MR and I would grab some quick, cheap coney dogs -- 6 for $3 or something. The "dogs" were narrow, short, and packed with oils as was the coney sauce. The onions and everything always gurgled my stomach followed by the vaporous apparations of ghosts of fast food. These are the only ghosts I have known -- smelly, foul reminders of fast food and the bad call to eat it anyway.
+++
When I was about 11, I remember going to Char King and being a bit peckish for dinner said, "I'm not very hungry tonight. I think I'll have half a chicken." I did indeed eat the entire meal. Now, this sounds boastful, until you actually remember being a teen or have been around hungry teens. Keep your hands away from their mouths at all times.

1 comment:

MR said...

I'm just glad this is because of the taste and not some moral principal. The last guy we know who went vegetarian also decided the only meat he would eat is tube steak, if you get my meaning.