Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, February 24, 2006

bad candidates for 2008

Pat Buchanan and Hillary Clinton*
* nuts and bolts

where you should go for fairly good info
http://www.lwv.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home
-- no belly-aching about it, this site is good ... dismiss your sexist viewpoint and get read data at lwv

http://www.vote-smart.org/index.htm
an old, but current site with "both sides", doesn't claim to be fair and balanced, because when you read, you'll know

...
locally there is a strip club bartender who always runs ... by golly he's gonna pull it off one time, but I'll be happy knowing that I voted against him, if by no other means, write in....
personal note: 2000 Presidential election, I wrote in myself, which is a constitutional right -- I didn't win

My town / city has far too many strip clubs in prime districts. I know there is a "need" for them, but in shopping areas and heavy traffic areas, I disagree with them being there ... also, in my city is a Hooters within a "spitting" distance -- next door to strip club. This would be bad, but it's own a main and busy road. I wouldn't want my kids feasting on Long John Silver's, but if they weren, I wouldn't want them exposed to drunk horny jerks from either hooters or the strip club next door.

I would say that they were evil and go on a pedaetal about that, save that I too-frequented them for ages 21-22; 18 months. I could not then write credibly that they are hell-spawn evil and should be smited from the planet. The "dancers" there were happy to get my money for nothing, as they pranced about in undies -- rude, sexist, risque and peverted, granted.

I am quite over my late-teen hormone fix stage. I am ... for all occasion, an old man by most person's standards. In the standard workplace I am like an ME computer ... replacable and, not really worhty of updating or keeping. Male white 30+ has no real purpose in the workplace unless he offers a uniqueness ... otherwise there are others there to replace the guy with culturally-improved persons (Affirmative Action '70s standards) dictate demographics).

Now, if the workplace were, say ... bigot-free, less successful than cigarette bans, then that would be worthless. I know that bigotry still exists, because ignorance is easier, favorable and security, especially when you know no different. It's hard to talk about equality with white persons when they know no one other than white persons or have a very sparse non-white friend base. Friends here could be as broad as invitations to sporatic parties, more important than mere co-workeres, about whom you could care very little.

I find it sinful that there is a "party" lever where you could ignorantly vote Blue or Red, not knowning blank about a candidate. Some states disallow or illegalized the "party" lever. Do you know the underscretary of the second treasurer of your state? How would their party affiliation play ANY part in their job?

I don't look at party, which is rich parties putting forth those who "qualify" and win the primaries. I look at persons, who, ultimately must make decissions. Do I want a person who views themselves as Replubican or Democrat first and person second or just do their job regardless of election and re-election. I vote disband the parties and forget the left, right, mod, conserv. liberal, dem, repub, green, liber, etc.

Would you want a person who acts on reason, intellect and evidence or a party-follower who obeys the orders of a person with an agenda? Disband the mess ... elect a peson, not an agenda ... no REASONABLE person I know agrees to all the party claims is right. I have no parry affiliation, but must claim one for primaries, which is a shame.

3 comments:

MR said...

Wow, lots to say here, but I'll keep it brief. Suffice to say that I have seen over the years my friends who have become elementary education teachers and others who have become parents, become far more conserative than I in many ways. Now, for them, the world is seen through children's eyes. "This movie had too much bad language", "there shouldn't be strip joints." Here the author only eludes to his hypocracy--strip clubs were the place to be when it suited his purposes. What goes on there is quite tame and while women's groups have struggled to label it abuse of women, their opposition, the girls themselves, have made it completely plain that they enjoy it, and it's better than waitressing and they like the attention. There's nothing worse than a liberal agenda without a victim. The girls even say it's empowering for them, as they certainly have complete control of these guys who shell out their money just to be near them. There's nothing wrong with "gentleman's clubs," nothing at all. It's not like they're dancing in the windows, so it's safe to eat at Long John Silvers (a pirate living near hooters and Showgirl, no wonder he's long). I might add that I have visited these clubs significantly less than the author. I think he doth protest too much.

As for the political parties, you've drawn yourself out here. What, then, do you have to say about organized religions?

MR said...

The political parties aren't a conspiracy, they formed like labor unions. There was no power to be had in Washington as an individual, so those with mostly the same values banded together. If you disbanded them, they would form again, as it was a natural process. Just ask a Whig if you can find one, they were eliminated in the refinement process until we arrived at these two parties. Let me help you out with your affiliation, you're a Democrat, because you like to bitch but you don't offer any better ideas.

Marcus said...

Okay ... If I didn't include it in the post, I will here. If people were to really vote -- meaning thought process, then there shouldn't be a straight ticket lever. While not all politicians are slimy, I think there is such corruption that big sweeping changes are necessary.

1. Disposal of Electoral college
2. Full and detailed biographies on all candidates
3. Full disclosure of all bills passed, so that people see what laws are and how money is spent
4. Often, citizens have no real recourse with a person who makes horrible decissions. Often when a person is in office, it is very difficult to get him/her out when they are in violation of their job (not a firable offense) or of the law (two-fold; charged and ligation are separate and often years apart, many in congress and senate have law degrees making it difficult to prosecute with his/her cadre of fellow lawyers).
5. I will write later my ideas on money management and criminal prosecution.

---
my "hypocracy" isn't that they should be removed from existence -- in fact I mentioned that I understand the need for strip clubs, but believe that they should be put out of prime shopping areas.

In my town there is a buiness district that once was busy, but now not so much. Here, there are two strip clubs and I'm fine with that. They aren't in prime restaurant areas or shopping malls. I don't go to them and would appreciate the opportunity to go to the main event center in town with the possibility of parking in the area of where a strip club now resides. For some adults, the places are fun, but I would not take a family there and would appreciate the family not having loads of questions on it and then having my values questioned or party affiliation (to which I have none) questioned based on my object to them being at that location. They will exist and my thought is that they should be in more remote areas.

Like any high volume bar there are a greater number of arrests and searches because of the nature of bars -- so, I'd like it if that could be avoided if with family or people who don't go to those bars.

In short -- move them somewhere else.

America has great potential, but much of its potential is wasted, and like it or not presentation does make a difference.

Take France -- it has presented itself as duplicitous and ripe with graft. Its mambsy pamsy attitude toward most others has brought about a near-unwinnable situation with muslims nearing 20% of the populace. It's lack of stance makes the government's "don't do that" childish and worthy of ignoring. Problems there cannot get better without the presence of authority.

The US gives the impression of imperialism and heavy-handedness. It appears to have purchable morals, which makes negotiations difficult. While the US does have ideals, goals and morals, that isn't well shown.