Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ninja bowler

I bowled on a high school league, later at "midnight bowling" with friends. I was never as interested nor intrigued about it as were they. Still, I did bowl and enjoy it when I was in my 20s. I had, to say the least, a poor and quirky style of bowler that caught many people as a guy with the weird stance and throw. Ninja? Why ninja?

On the net today you will see many people who are great fans of Chuck Norris. I too, WAS a Chuck Norris film fan, never having an opinion on the man himself. Granted he's in better shape than I have ever been and will ever be, but I don't watch his work any more.
Anyway ... never having had any training didn't stop me from kicking and punching in a really random manner, hoping that somehow by freakishly doing so, I too would become martial arts master. Many object died due to my perspective. Glasses were smashed onto the ground with my childish thought that with enough speed, a cup would be gravitationally attached to my hand as I rotated it at great speeds. Nope. I spun my hand and it dropped ... shattered, having served its matyr purpose.

One, funnier epside, sad for the slain objects, was when we were playing pool at MR's house, ISJ decided to pitch a bottle cap unto my head. Although it wasn't my shot, I held onto the cue stick, my mighty weapon -- as it turned it was my mighty weapon. It was told to me that much like the slow-motion in many action movies, they watched the cap flip end-over-end til it reached me. It was luck that it hit me, much less my head.
Now. How would a normal person react to be hit lightly by something? They might look around in wonder. I am not the typical person. Armed with the staff of doom, I swung around slashing and smashing anything within a 2' radius. After the 7 second attack, the pool table had a board off and on the floor; at least one picture from the wall was down and the glass broken; the cue stick shaken, but not broken; the walled were scarred a bit; a can lay dead, gushing its contents onto the carpet.

Uh, why? No one knows. I don't know why either. Quick, impulsive responses ... not ninja like -- just wild, uncontrolled recklessness. I was never a good bowler, never a martial artist, but it made a good title for some one who could destroy a room, without a reason that even he could explain.

No comments: