Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, December 01, 2008

What I missed, what I gained

I went with the love of my love to Indianapolis. We were to meet a friend of hers. While there I booked a hotel room. I looked around and found a comfy one for a good price. It is off-season so the price was better than I imagined. The room was bigger than my life.
That isn't a misstatement. I'm basic, I struggle and this had stuff I could not immediately use. The bed was nice; it was quiet; the kitchenette was great (went unused) and the bathroom had jets in the tub. Man was it relaxing for us to sit and unwind in there. She made it better with candles. I didn't bother with the mood music. By that late hour, we were so tired -- bed was for REST+.
We were able to meet my sister and brother-in-law for dinner and we ate Thai. The restaurant was cold and the food was spicy hot. The owner came out and talked a bit. He was used to minutes-fresh or hours-fresh in Thailand were they butchered on the spot, no freezing.
My sister and brother-in-law paid for dinner. Thank you!

My sinus infection prevented me from fully enjoying the weekend, but I enjoyed every positive thing about it.



While at her friend's I had a seventeen year-old cat sleep on my lap. He was a tired old man.

On the same weekend, I was supposed to go to my, "gosh-I'm-old-twentieth-high-school-reunion".







[rude word] "your mom", said FM.
all photos c/o M Reilly, who thoughtfully took these and sent them to me.

+ I won't specify the limited exception to this

No comments: