Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, December 01, 2008

quit not acquitted

I will happily omit and change names to "protect" people.

I worked for a place helping people with specific needs while generally in a home setting. I was given a review of many prospective "clients" and accepted an assignment with a mildly challenging person who had many problems. I will call this client, Brunhilda. Brunhilda apparently had some latent and not so secretive dislike for genders and creeds of people. I was on two lists of 'people who Brunhilda will not like'.

Brunhilda, as the name might picture it was of a person who liked eating. Sad to say, Brunhilda would endanger herself with her eating. The picture at the top shows the refrigerator. Since she had little control, she was protected from her impulses by this measure.

Brunhilda had other issues, but in general her resistance (even to her own loss) was her strongest characteristic. After weeks of working with Brunhilda, I folded. I could not help her and feared that paired with my ineffectual partner Tenille would lead to Brunhilda's demise. I was not willing to enable her death, and not willing to suffer through false allegations brought against me as Brunhilda had done in the past.

No comments: