Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Your taxes are spent

Yep, I'm waiting for the spitting and rotten food from a mob of angry NASCAR fans to slaughter me. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has the National Guard as a sponsor. Let's see . . . average cost to advertise on a car $10-15 million per race. That's nice. So, is the National Guard self-sufficient and needing ABSOLUTELY no tax dollars? That clearly isn't the case.

So, when the National Guard races, you pay. When the military advertises, including during Superbowl, you pay. How is this a good thing for taxpayers? Would somebody be watching the TV and later think ... gosh, I never thought the military looked interesting, but gosh . . . action video with Godsmack in the background got me. I'll enlist!

Dale could find another sponsor? Let's face it ... if the die-hard fans obeyed the directions of advertisers on cars, then these lemmings could really be instructed to restart the economy, right? Somehow, I don't think they are quite the lemmings suspected and I disagree with having ever paid for NASCAR races.

No comments: