Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Monday, bloody Monday

In the afternoon, my sister called. One of the cars pooped out at Walgreens. I picked up her and two kids. I dropped off one, dropped at sister's house, then her other daughter called me and nicely dropped off a cable to me. I helped sister with computer issues, clean out a smelly freezer that sat dormant for two years after a nasty accident with it shutting off for a few days. They didn't immediately catch it and the freezer smelt badly of rotted food -- primarily not of meat but of home-grown tomatoes.

It smelled of cleaner now, so I dropped in fruit rind (tangerine) to improve the smell. My brother-in-law suggested it be mixed with cloves (potpourri). Anyway, that was that mess.

My sister's still-puppy has apparently a longer-than-normal cycle. She was in day ten of her bleeding. She was sad being relegated to the kitchen only, no carpet, no furniture. Little drops here and there and the sporadic dragging of the butt. I did notice that the blood was thinner, perhaps mixed a bit with urine, but unclear.

My sister also planned on the contingency of having to arrange a person's burial whom she did not personally know. The person, body, was her husband's first cousin's wife's mother. "What does that make you and me? Absolutely nothing."+ Summarized: the daughter was injured and in hospital on weekend of mother's death and is still in hospital. She can't plan much from there, but is executor for the estate. Her husband is, well, not a good man. The brother is in jail. My sister has helped that family some, so -- is in good with them, but the task may befall her. She is wisely trying to plan now, rather than being given the task ten seconds 'til doomsday.

With this, she found MS Word 2007 to be a major pain in the butt, which it is. Whoever was in charge of the interface should be flogged for days on end. It is the worst and most illogical arrangement for an interface. I refused to install it on my computer. With luck and time I got it to do what she wanted. She didn't have any older version of Word, so we had to use 2007. I pitched in and helped with my idea for quick sorting of pictures.

+ Spaceballs

No comments: