Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

yoga stretching for the reaching some folks do

Don't drink soda while watching this video. You will either be angry and spit it, or laugh at the stupidity of it and send soda out your nose. I will answer the question, "Yes. This video should be banned."

Well, you can't learn without experiencing and sometimes reading.

I was watching a video that tried to emasculate Jesus. It attempted to liken Horus to Jesus. While it is sensationalism, it doesn't pan out too well when you start reading. While Wikipedia is not the perfect source for info, I believe that Horus, a war god, is not really the same as Jesus. Nice try though. I would call that a miss (strike).

To liken Jesus to Attis is as mad (crazy) as Attis was.
Krishna was joy, peace, seducer of girls. Again, uh ... not Jesus.

I think I'll stop here and drink the rest of my tea.

If I were to buy into this guy's load a unholy cow patties; I could still look at in a more pragmatic way.
If the explanations of parts of Jesus were the amalgumation of lots of Pagan principles, but ... you wanted to convert animal and human sacrificing groups into a safer, peace-loving Christian lot, wouldn't you liken Jesus in parts to their deities?

Heck, I would! I don't find it wrong to have, what I consider useless traditions, being strangely similar to Pagan rituals. I don't practice them, but see you had to sway infidels with mild, however stupid concessions. In the end, non-essential traditions notwithstanding, believing in God, and moreover Jesus isn't a bad thing.

It is a disservice to liken Jesus to a war god or a seducer of girls, or many other god incarnations. I am sure that stronger Christian believers will be more than angered and incessenced at this video, but ... I am disappointed that this little sketchy bit of puke will get people to think, "Yeah ... dat's da ticket. It was all just a coverup, or lie, or something like dat."

If you are a Christian and a thinker, this video should do little but wonder if the freedom of speech shouldn't have limits. You thought smut videographers were the problem, how about hate and deception mass media? Next up, how about Hale Bop and the Nazi Scientologist poly-theist polygamists? No, not a music group.

Stamp it 'bat shit crazy'.

No comments: