Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

so moved

While the word, "love" is overly used, I can sometimes hear it or read it with the feeling behind it. "I love chocolate", fascinating, but a sad waste of feeling and meaningful word. "I love her" or "I love him", sometimes really like a whole lot. Every now and then, "I love him", slowly creeping from the lips, fog rolling covering the floor to waist-high in cool-soothing texture.

"I love ..." sweet floral scents bash the senses, making you dumb to all but the hit it drives into you. Yes, unlike a fighter's pain from punches, it is sustaining, powerful, but not painful. It is a beauty to watch, feel, and almost certainly magic. Can you explain a couple's song playing at the right moment? Can you explain clouds covering the moon so that a couple embrace in darkness and secret?

Love, spoken truly doesn't have to be clear to anyone but the listener. Sometimes, if you cleanly pay attention and listen, you can hear and feel love. It isn't just an empty word, no promises, no continuity. It can be "I love you", and the world is shown changing eroding, reforming and back again. Days pass in seconds and love remains. That is love! Love doesn't happen over a day, and true love lasts beyond the mere life of a person.

She moved me. I felt "love", more than heard the words. L-O-V-E, soft, special, powerful, moving.

No comments: