Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, June 16, 2008

one quick note on homosexuality

So many people rally against homosexuality for any number of reasons. I know that many men, especially, feel phobic about gays running around. Those same guys who HATE homosexuals, delight in seeing girls with each other ... moreover the dark sick thoughts of bi-sexual incestuous twins. Yuck! Read those words, then decide if seeing the Olsen twins having each other is as attractive as you thought. If the guys are against homosexuals, then they would see lesbian sex go bye-bye. Oh, you want lesbians, but not gays? Well, that's the trouble with objections to homosexuality. If it's a religious thing, then you can't really enjoy two women with each other. That is a sin.

I will note that I regard marriage as a religious ceremony that should be one woman, one man. If you get married by the church you STILL have to file legal paperwork for it to be legal in the state. Therefore, the marriage is a religious ceremony only. If homosexuals want the same, then a legal process of civil union is fine. If you thought the divorce rate was high for heterosexuals, imagine the stats if you let all couples marry and divorce. Divorce (dissolution of civil unions included) rates would jump from nearly fifty percent to seventy-five maybe.

The rates speak more on individuals than on the institution of marriage. I do, or at least 64% of the way I do. You see, then I have a back out clause that I said I do before I said I don't. I voted for it before I voted against it.

No comments: