Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Ah ... drainage

sinus drainage for some may not be bad, but it makes me ill ... fairly ill.
1. When the phlegm goes to my throat, it activates my gag reflex. I then am frantic for a tissue to spit the yellowish green slime. Does it sound gross? It feels worse than it looks and sounds.
2. If it doesn't drain, it backs up like traffic, giving my a sci-fi character appearance with ridges near my sinuses.
3. During the drainage it affects my stomach, when I gag -- I have tasted vomit that wasn't ejected. When it does go to my stomach, it girgles, upsets my stomach and passes through with instestinal discomfort.

Suffice to say, I despise sinus drainage. Drying out my sinuses makes it worse for when they are re-hydrated, I'm in terrible pain until it drains again. There is no winning. Sometimes the only way out is through (in this case the illness).

I'm now on Ketech 400mg. I hope it works.

No comments: