Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

2 clumps of mud

Well, I was mowing and the little girl in her yard was happy to talk with me. She wanted to know if I had kids, if I had a wife, if I had a mother. This was really because of her inquisitive mind.

"This is [man's name] house. He has a wife." "My mom has a belly in her belly." She was ecstatic about having a little sister. It was unclear to me whether she had high hopes or if the parents knew the sex of the unborn child.

In the course of our talk she broke off bits of the chunk of mud with which she was playing and let me "taste" some god old mother Earth, she old enough to understand it was a game. She wore some mud on her shirt and told me that she soon had to take a bath. I suggested to her to take time to play before she got cleaned. Folks tend not to have kids bathe just to dive back into the sandbox or make mud pies.

In all, the clumps of mud were a nice little gesture, though I didn't wind up putting them on a shelf of any kind.

No comments: